Some users think their Macs are fully protected from viruses and they don’t need any additional software to work on it and surf the Internet.
Unfortunately, this is not true. Lately, there were a lot of hacker attacks on Mac computers.
In our short article, we will tell you how to uninstall Chromium virus from the Mac device successfully.
Keep reading and try out our useful and effective tips to keep the Mac clean from viruses!
Everything About Chromium Virus
Chromium is a browser from Google. It’s different from the traditional Chrome browser because it’s a sort of a platform where developers can easily make their browser by building programming code there.
Some developers are not so interested in making a browser, and they create malware that may be downloaded to any Mac and steal information from there.
As you already understand, this virus isn’t a real “virus” that can infect many devices and damage important data on them. Here are simple tips to prevent infecting the Chromium virus on your device:
- This browser doesn’t have automatic updates, and you have to do it manually. Always try to update it to the latest version because it’s important for security.
- Download Chromium only from its official site. It’s a trustworthy source where you can get legible software without viruses. If you’re downloading any programs from non-reliable sites, there are high chances you get malware on your computer.
Deleting Chromium From the Mac
It’s not difficult at all to delete Chromium from the device. There are two ways – automatic and manual. We will review both ways to see the main steps you need to do:
- Manual removing. Go to the folder with apps and find Chromium. Then just drag it to the Trash. Pay your attention that it may be not deleted fully in this case. Check thoroughly the next two folders: /Library/Application Support and /Library/LaunchAgents to remove all the files.
- Automatic Removal. It’s the most simple way when you have to install reliable antivirus software and delete Chromium automatically. This is also the most reliable way because all the files and folders created by this app will be completely deleted from the computer.
How to Delete Chromium with an Antivirus Software?
Your main task is to find a reliable software to keep the Mac protected from the viruses. Delete Chromium virus from your device easily:
- Download the antivirus program from a reliable source. You can try out the free version if it’s available to decide if this software suits your needs.
- Search for Chromium in the application list.
- Press the Uninstall button.
As you can see, it’s not so difficult and time-wasting to remove Chromium virus from your Mac.
We recommend installing a good antivirus that will be a great shield for your device from various types of computer viruses.
As a plus, it will help you to free up space on the Mac. You can review tons of reliable programs and choose the most suitable one to fit your demands!