[fusion_builder_container hundred_percent=”no” equal_height_columns=”no” menu_anchor=”” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”” id=”” background_color=”” background_image=”” background_position=”center center” background_repeat=”no-repeat” fade=”no” background_parallax=”none” parallax_speed=”0.3″ video_mp4=”” video_webm=”” video_ogv=”” video_url=”” video_aspect_ratio=”16:9″ video_loop=”yes” video_mute=”yes” overlay_color=”” video_preview_image=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” padding_top=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” padding_right=””][fusion_builder_row][fusion_builder_column type=”1_1″ layout=”1_1″ background_position=”left top” background_color=”” border_size=”” border_color=”” border_style=”solid” border_position=”all” spacing=”yes” background_image=”” background_repeat=”no-repeat” padding_top=”” padding_right=”” padding_bottom=”” padding_left=”” margin_top=”0px” margin_bottom=”0px” class=”” id=”” animation_type=”” animation_speed=”0.3″ animation_direction=”left” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” center_content=”no” last=”no” min_height=”” hover_type=”none” link=””][fusion_text]
It is probably every child’s dream to become a pilot one day. However, very few can actually fulfill such dreams.
Thanks to the advanced technologies of this modern era, you can easily fulfill the dream of flying an airplane from the comfort of your couch.
How would you feel if you were told that you can sit in the cockpit of a Boeing VC-25 airplane or even a fighter jet without mastering the course of flying?
This is all possible with the help of a good quality joystick and sitting glued to your Ultra HD television.
Joysticks have changed the way video games are played today.
There was a time when flight simulator games were not as real as it is today.
Importance of Joysticks
It is true that space simulation games are trying to make a big comeback.
This is being helped by the advanced functionality and graphics that are used in modern day video games.
Add to that the fact that VR is also getting popular all across the globe. Gone are the days when people used to play video games with the help of toy joysticks and gamepads.
In this modern era, you will find people using flight pedals, hands on throttle and stick or HOTAS, and driving wheels to play various types of simulation games.
The use of mouse and keyboard to play games have also become obsolete since people are more eager to play realistic games with immersive technology.
Factors to Look For While Shopping For a Joystick
When you go to the market to shop for a joystick using this link, you will notice that there are various types of brands and models available for you.
Brands including Mad Catz, Thrustmaster, and Logitech have come up with some of their highly advanced joysticks with tons of features. However, while shopping for one, you should keep certain factors in mind in order to find one of the best for your needs.
Some of these factors have been discussed below.
- Throttle: Most of the high end joystick models come with an additional peripheral for throttle. Since advanced gamers prefer to use a detachable throttle control, manufacturers have made it a must-have when it comes to joysticks.
- Stick Tension: It is needless to say that the primary component of any good quality flight stick is the stick itself and its tension. It should not be too stiff nor too loose.
- Base Weight: You certainly would not like the idea of your joystick moving around the desk while you play your favorite game with it. Thus, choose one that is quite heavy. The heavier the stick is, the better it will be for playing.
- Z-Axis Rotation: It is needless to say that a flight stick should always mimic the real stick. That is why it needs the rudder or yaw control, which is possible only with the z-axis rotation.
- Ambidexterity: Although this is an optional factor, it is still important especially if you are a left-handed person. This feature will allow the stick to be used by any person.
- Switches and Buttons: This factor is also entirely dependent upon the user. However, the fact that the more number of buttons the better will not hold true in this case. Even a hat-switch and around 6 different buttons should be enough to get you going.
- Compatibility: Most of the joysticks available in the market are designed for either macOS or PC. Thus, check the compatibility of a model before buying it.
Buying the right joystick takes some time and some amount of knowledge about the product.
You cannot choose a good joystick if you do not know what to look for in such a product and what all features you need in your joystick. Some of the gamers also use complementary peripherals with their joysticks that tend to enhance their gaming experience.
It is needless to say that joysticks come with different price tags.
Thus, it is important that you decide upon your budget before you go out to look for one.
Trying to find out more about gaming joysticks and their varieties will also help you choose the right one without having to waste much time and energy in the process.
Whether you are going to play a flight simulator game or a car racing game or any other simulator game, joysticks can help you enjoy the game just like real.
Although most of you will say that using keyboards and computer mice was the simplest way to play video games, these could never give you the feel of getting really involved in the game.