We live in the age of the internet, where each and everything is interlinked. Electronic gadgets have been a part of our life. We cannot think one day without these gadgets. We live in an age where Alexa books a meeting on our behalf.
Most of the gadgets we are using either in office or in home are connected with the WiFi. Anything, which has a sensor and is able to transfer data from one to another object or to human through the internet, is known as the Internet of things (IoT)
All the IoT devices have inbuilt sensor, actuator, software and computer device. All these are attached to the specific objects, which run through the internet. Without any human intervention, these objects can transfer data from one object to another.
Suppose you are stuck in traffic, the IOT device will send you a message that you will be late in your meeting. Even the pacemaker is also an IOT device, which can communicate with another device with ease.
How an IOT is made using H/W Prototyping
Prototyping as we know is a process to construct a model or device for the first time and thus needs a scope of experimentation so that failures could e studied and prototype can be updated as per results.
In the case of IOT, we use circuits and voice control mechanism on top of a device with embedded AI programming.
Once hardware prototyping is ready it’s tested to see whether it gets triggered on user instructions or voice commands or not and tends to perform its task as expected or not, if not then updates are made and tested again until prototype reaches perfection.
The life cycle of IOT
Every IOT device has a simple life cycle.
- Management by doing daily updates
- And lastly decommissioning
Advantages of IoT devices
- Through IoT device machine-to-machine interaction become easy.
- Provide control and good automation
- It saves a lot of time
- It helps to reduce time and manual task, thus you can save money too.
- Improve efficiency and it is a time saver.
Examples of IoT devices
Smart refrigerator, smartphone, fitness tracker, smart watches, smart door lock, smart bicycle, smart security system, medical sensor and many more.
Google home voice controller
This is one of the smart IoT devices, which allows you to enjoy the alarms, media, and lights. You can control the volume and also can adjust much more features just by using your voice.
- You can use the device to listen to everything related to media
- It can control speakers and TV
- Also, you can manage the speakers and TV through this device
- The best part is that through this device you can plan your day and get your things done hassle free
Amazon echo plus voice controller
It is one of the popular devices in recent days. It is a popular IOT device. You can play songs, can make calls through it, you can manage to do list and also can instruct smart home appliances, the device is able to check the weather too.
- You can connect the Amazon echo to the headphones and external speakers.
- On your voice command, it is able to make a call or send a message too.
- The device has a 6-7 microphone. You can give verbal direction to operate the
August doorbell cam
It one of the greatest inventions of IOT. Through the doorbell cam, you can answer the door from anywhere in your house or from any other location. It checks your door constantly and captures the motion changes.
- 24-hour video recording constantly.
- The installation process is easy and hassles free
- It monitors the doorstep constantly
Amazon Dash button
Amazon Dash button is a device, which connects through Wi-Fi, with the use of the Amazon Dash button you won’t forget important things like medical, grocery, kids, personal care, etc
IOT or internet of things is the hot topic in this era. All the smart devices have both positive and negative impact on our society. As everything has two parts. The contribution of IoT devices on our daily life is enormous. All of these are available online. If you want to purchase online is the best option for you.